Monday 16 February 2015

N07 Match Made Service - Review

Now, I have always struggled to find foundations that match my skin tone as I have quite fair skin. I often think I have matched one in the store, but when I step outside into the natural light I find that it's clearly not! Also some foundations dry a completely different colour to that which they first appear on the skin, and can often leave you looking quite orange. 

When I first read about the N07 'Match Made Service' I was quite skeptical as it seemed too good to be true; a machine that matches your skin tone to a foundation, surely not?! Yet it does! 

The Service:
They don't offer this in every store so if you wish to have it done it's best to look up which Boots do (I will put a link bellow to where it can be found on the website). It's a completely free service and you don't need to feel obligated to purchase any of the products afterwards if you don't wish to! They take the reading on your jawline which is to eliminate the chance of ending up with a definite line between your face and neck. The beautician makes sure that you are satisfied with the colour that the machine has matched you to, and then you are free to explore the the extensive display of products that match your skin tone! My shade is called 'Calico' which matches my skin beautifully!


They have quite a few foundations that all have slightly different coverages and qualities; matte, illuminating, restoring, etc. So you don't have to worry about the which colour to pick, all that should concern you now is what you are looking for from your foundation. 

I picked 'Stay Perfect' which hydrates your skin, gives it a dewy glow (without looking shiny) and has very good staying power! Also importantly for me it has an SPF 15 that helps to protect your skin from UV rays, which can really irritate my sensitive skin. I couldn't be happier with this product! 


The matching doesn't end there however, this also matches concealers as well; one of which won an 'ELLE BEAUTY AWARD' in 2013. I will also leave a link to this at the end for you.

If you don't like wearing foundation or concealer this service could still benefit you, as it suggests to you some colours of lipstick/ lip gloss that suite your skin tone (as you can see in the first picture)! This really does do all the hard work for you! 

Now these products can be quite pricey, however Boots are frequently doing offers and vouchers for £3.00 off make up and £5.00 off skin care, this makes their items a lot more reasonable! I'm very new to all this, but I've set up a twitter and tumbler page that you can follow and I can keep you up to date with any handy deals and offers that I find!

Again if you made it to the end then I am very grateful! 
Thanks,
Beth x 

-Twitter account: :@BethanField96 
-Tumbler account: bethfield96  

No comments:

Post a Comment